Sunday, January 18, 2009

Damn Eagles

You know - how's a woman supposed to eat right when all this stuff keeps going on? I mean, for real. My plan was to be sooo good today, since I blew it at the game last night. This morning I got up, made the kids banana pancakes and made myself:

1 egg/2 egg whites: 2 points
Boca Bruscetta Burger: 1 point
peppers/onions: 0 points
1/2 4" grapefruit: 1 point

Well, the Eagles made it to the NFC Championship game and now it's all about "what we will be eating during the game?" While I was out shopping, my sister, husband, and friend got hoagies for lunch - when I got home ravenous, I made myself:

Lean Cuisine Santa Fe Style Rice & Beans: 5 points
Salad - 1tbspn ff ranch: 0 points

certainly not as good an Italian Hoagie from Farm Fresh Produce, but it worked. I've been trying to eat salads with my meals, but I am really sick of making them. Is this what skinny people do? Wash lettuce? Remember, I mentioned the chick splitting the hoagie at the Kixx game? Well, she was thin. Oh - I don't know.

Tomorrow, Discovery Health is coming tomorrow to tape again. They are coming with me and Robby to his therapist appointment and then following Kurt and I to a marriagey-type counselor. I'm not really looking forward to spilling all the dirt on national TV, but I keep trying to remind myself that it will help people. Not that people will look at us and say "they are worse off than us" - but they will see that everyone is having a hard time at life and feel a little hopeful that everything is ok.

Probably not though - they will probably look at us and say "thank God I'm not them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment