Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dag

Dinner:

Chicken thigh marinated in Ken's Light Italian: 4 points
1/2 c brown rice: 2 points
not even a 1/2 c corn: 0 points
salad w/light ranch dressing: 2 points

I'm not sure if I have talked at all about my addiction to sunflower seeds. Wawa sunflower seeds in particular. I like them because they taste a little more roastier and seem to have less salt. In fact, I could eat a large bag in one day without my mouth being burnt up with all the salt (a problem I had when eating a whole large bag of David's sunflower seeds). Anyway, there are two sizes of bags at Wawa - a smaller bag worth 8 points when you eat the whole thing and the large bag. This is probably the 3rd large bag I have eaten in the past 1.5 weeks. Today - I decided to actually figure out the points value (unfortunately, it was after I already at the WHOLE bag).

20 points! Yes, that's right 20 dag points! Fortunately, I didn't really have a big eating day and it put me over my daily allowance by 6 points (yes, I am shaving some and could probably add a point or two to my salad for chick peas, sunflower seeds - but I don't use a whole measure and it makes me happy and helps me enjoy the salad).

Anyway, I know I mentioned cracking my cute big'ol laptop screen. It is actually on its way back here from Malaysia (nah - Houston, TX). Anyway, I'm not sure if I mentioned that I also cracked the screen on my cute lil'laptop screen (it's old and has no button at the "." screen - so I have been using it on my kitchen counter to look up all these fab recipes I have been trying). But in the absence of my clunky new pink machine I have been using this one. Well, life was going along fine - the crack is really off to the right side and doesn't interfere much - but now I have that dag new virus that's going around. My cute lil'laptop is dying on me and my heart is broken. I keep trying to scan with ad-aware, but nothing is getting better. The virus is affecting my online capabilities - when I look something up on google, it gives me some choices but no matter what I click on it brings me to some goofy sites. Then when I try to download the "antivrus" stuff, it keeps not being able to open the page... UGH.

Anywho - I'm hoping to start some exercising this week. I'm not sure when I will get it in, but I think not only is it important for weight loss - it is important for my liver. Did I talk about my liver disease yet? Well, maybe next time I'll rant about my non-alcoholoic liver disease. It's not fun becoming a fat old lady!

Off to make cupcakes for the church social tomorrow - wish me luck on not eating anything while I'm there.
Fat chance (no pun intended!)

No comments:

Post a Comment